Saturday, January 3, 2009

Priscilla and Malificent

So back when I had a crappy job but made a lot of money because I worked more than I did anything else, I bought this camera:



Canon Powershot SD 1000 Digital Elph, 7.1 Megapixels, pre Maria Sharapova ad campaign. I named this camera Malificent. Malificent and I went everywhere together. She completed me. Then, in April of 2008, my drunk cousin dropped Malificent while using her without my permission, breaking her and ending forever the relationship I thought would last at least a few more years. I was devastated. Went for months without a camera, always mourning the loss of Malificent, promising never to love again. After a while, I forgot what it was like to have a lover and constant companion as sweet as Malificent had been to me. I thought I was fine without her. But on December 25th, 2008, everything changed; Priscilla arrived.



She swept into my life, all shiny, new, browny-red and 8 whole megapixels. It was love at first sight. And in the few days I've been hanging out with her, I've realized this: I am happier when I have a camera. Even if it's just a nice point and shoot as opposed to a fancy pants beaut of a camera. I just love taking pictures of people and things and places. I can't believe I went from April to December without having a camera. Malficent, I will always love you, but Priscilla and I are for real.

No comments: