Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Stick Stack Stucked


So I haven't written in a while. A word. On this blog or in my journal or anything. It's a little scary since, y'know, I'm supposed to be a writer and all. But I HAVE been living. And loving. And longing. And all sorts of other fun stuff.

I recently relocated from the lovely Chicago to...well, back to my parent's house in Philly (or, really, NEAR Philly). Turns out college is kind of expensive, kids. When I made the decision to move back, I thought I'd spend the summer working my butt off, saving money and then moving back to Chicago at the beginning of next year, but as they often do, plans changed. Pretty much all I want to do right now is be around lots and lots of trees. I want to be somewhere that has more trees and people. I'm thinking a 7:1 tree-to-person ratio would be about perfect. And, bad news bears--there are WAY more people than trees in Chicago.

I'm coming to terms, I think, with the fact that I am just not a city person. Or maybe I'm a west coast city person? I don't know for sure. All I know is being back in the woods at my parent's house makes me feel like a real person again.

That is all. Maybe.

No comments: